Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Autumnal Breakfast Delight


On a day off, I just want a remarkable and delicious breakfast. That's all I ask, really. I am also trying to cut back on my SUGAR INTAKE since Gwyneth Paltrow emailed me about it.

I bought this new (gluten-free) oatmeal at Whole Foods, called Holly's. I cooked it in soy milk, and while it takes a little longer than instant oatmeal (water boiling time plus four minutes) (as opposed to water boiling time plus zero minutes) it tastes great.


THEN I cut up a granny smith apple and fried it in my cast iron pan in a little butter (substitute oil/Earth Balance for real vegan eating, obviously). I added raisins and about 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree (from a can) and cinnamon and cardamom and a little tiny bit of salt. Amazing, easy, delicious, and I made two servings so I can just heat it up again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment