Monday, July 19, 2010

Halifax Puttanesca

My friend Radhika over at Hungry in Halifax recently posted this DELICIOUS recipe for a summer pasta dish. Visiting my parents last weekend, I was completely surprised when my (gluten-free) mother informed me we were having it for dinner.

Who has a hip, blog-reading mother? I do!

We followed her recipe, adding only a can of tuna on the side. The basil was from my dad's backyard (waist-high*) garden.



Besides a few hours of waiting (for the vegetables to brine) this recipe is incredibly easy, and OH SO DELICIOUS. Especially in this hot weather - one needs a little salt replacement from all the sweating! Gross! Sorry! Enjoy!

*Everything in the backyard is conveniently positioned so that my enterprising father never has to BEND OVER. Picnic tables, wheelbarrows and flowerpots are all used in a display of sheer urban genius. My mother calls it his "white trash garden".

No comments:

Post a Comment