Friday, June 4, 2010

Kamikaze Margarita: Dos Caminos

So... I quit my job. I immediately required a frozen margarita at an outdoor location. I immediately required the ancient, healing properties of guacamole. Dos Caminos, at the corner of West Broadway and Houston (though there are a few locations throughout the city) offered the most convenient oasis from my desert storm of resignation.

We went for the pink ones, 'cause, you know, it's summer.

A few notes about this restaurant. 1. It is not that cheap 2. The man next to me ordered something which looked like a bowl full of garlicky spinach. Sticking out of the green pile was a slim piece of paper marked - "ALLERGIES". If I had not been kamikazing my way through this pink antidote, I would have leaned over and asked him more about his dietary concerns - and his experience with the server. All I can tell you is, it looks like they take an allergy seriously. There are benefits to eating at an institution with $12 margaritas.


Highlights:
-Guacamole texture (soft and smooth)
-Tomatillo salsa ("I want this flavor in my mouth forever", said my Glutenous Correspondent, and I agreed)
-Sharing the taco platter (three tacos, $12, side of rice and beans)
-Outdoor seating
-When a woman, walking past in a dress like a shredded rubber tire, tripped and broke her six inch heel, and put on a sort of cockeyed catwalk performance for all the diners.
-Now that I have quit my job I expect to have more time for GLUTEN FREE BLOGGING.

2 comments:

  1. love this place! i went to the one in midtown. did you get the mild or spicy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a big blogging slacker. Congrats on freedom- what are you going to do next?

    ReplyDelete