Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And now, for something completely...HEALTHY

Steamed vegetable lunch from Spring Street Natural, conveniently located near my office. Usually this comes with seaweed - I usually opt out. Sometimes, if I am feeling indulgent, I ask for an extra side of the tahini dressing. So. Good.

The rest of the food is fairly bland, but the portions are huge and can make for two lunches. I like this meal because it's vegetarian and dairy-free, too. Sometimes a girl just can't have cheese in her lunch. (Sometimes.) I have also ordered the taco salad - without the homemade tortilla chips (fried on premises with other wheaty things.)

The restaurant uses tamari instead of soy sauce, and because it is one of New York's first health food restaurants, the staff is pretty accommodating!

[For a health food restaurant, though - I wish they had better packaging. That is one serious plastic dish.]

No comments:

Post a Comment