Thursday, June 24, 2010

In 'n' Out Burger


I was in California last weekend for the Wedding of the Century. Friends from near and far came together to eat and dance and laugh and cry (only a little...) and celebrate our dear friend's joyous occasion. After days of stringing garlands and arranging placeholders and carefully applying liquid eyeliner... we deserved a hamburger.

One of us was a native (Californian) and knew just what we needed. A super cheap (!) tasty and not disgusting version of fast food. I had my burger "protein style" which means it is nicely wrapped in lettuce, served with tomato and onion in a little baggie so you can eat it with your hands. I especially appreciate this after 4 years of cutting a burger with a knife and fork and eating it like meatloaf.

It's the little things, really.

The menu is really short, and the fryers are only used for french fries! Which makes them....gluten free! Also, it's California so the tomatoes are red and tasty, not refrigerated and mealy as we are used to on the East coast.

I also had a strawberry milkshake. It was a holiday.

2 comments:

  1. wish I had a personal jet so I could enjoy that right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the things i would do for a double double...don't even ask...

    ReplyDelete