Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gluten-Free Grumps

Bitching and moaning in three parts:

1. I went out of my way this morning to see if the fancy coffee shop by my house had any gluten-free muffins. At a previous visit I had been made aware of the availability of a gf muffin at breakfast hour. They did not have any. "We have VEGAN muffins" the girl said to me, "but they're not gluten free." In other words, they have "weird" muffins, just not my kind of weird. Thanks.

2. Whole Foods did not have any Udi's bagels today OR yesterday. Lunchtime. Disaster.

3. I am being sent to retrieve a cake for a coworker's birthday. Nothing like lugging a melting ice cream cake through the blistering heat - WITHOUT GETTING TO EAT ANY OF IT AFTERWARD.

I am now accepting whiny complaints in the comments section:

2 comments:

  1. poor poor you.... but at least you ate a lot of fabulous gluten free food over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... seriously uncool about the errand to retrieve the cake you can't eat. Personally, I think I'd have to whine a whole lot about that.

    ReplyDelete