Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ginger Masquerade Ball

I mean, yeah I like gingersnaps. I also like: dogs, telephones, the availability of Kleenex when I need it, pens... my point here is that there are WAY TOO MANY GLUTEN-FREE GINGERSNAPS on the market. Ever wonder why? Because ginger makes everything taste good. Much harder to add garbanzo bean flour to a chocolate chip cookie and have things turn out well. Dessert falafel. No thank you.

Therefore, Nana's "cookie bites" taste good. They also fall apart if you don't put the entire thing in your mouth at once. The texture is like a soft sand cake. Which could be a good thing, if you didn't have teeth - hey, something for everyone! I mean - I ate all of them. But I am over spending money on pre-packed baked goods that leave a gritty pile of crumbs all over my desk.

Moving on, I bought the bag of Duane Reade brand gingersnaps for my plane ride to California. They were fine. They "snapped," as per their name. They crunched. They tasted exactly like the Trader Joe's brand of gf gingersnaps, which is to say, good, and as they should. My glutenous correspondent sampled some while we relaxed on the hotel bed - and went back for seconds, and thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment