Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cookies...for me?


Here is a fun thing to do: eat a cookie on the subway. Here is a more fun thing to do: attempt to take a photo of it with your cell phone. Not easy, but of course, what could be more fun than a challenge. The woman next to me was utterly engrossed in my process, neglecting that until she became distracted by my small art project, she was being equally weird by tapping her foot and rocking her shoulders and mouthing to words to a silent dance jam on her iPod. Maybe she was just interested in the ingredients of my gluten-free cookie. I should have given her this blog URL. I didn't. My mouth was stuck together by the gingery glue of this inedible brick.

I have eaten two cookies of this brand, the first, a crumbly lemon-sugar cookie. Both selections had a good flavor, but the consistency is a little...adobe hut building material, if you see what I mean. To be fair, I did notice a turkey-shaped cookie amongst the selection. This leads me to believe that they could be slightly stale. Anyway, if you are at Whole Foods and suffering from a blood sugar emergency, this isn't your best bet but it's also not your worst. I say, stick to the Starbucks sugar cookies!

Adobe Hut Brick, detail.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for a review of Crackle Bread even though I know exactly what it tastes like (and how amazing it is.) I get that it's not exciting, but it is for me as I slowly dip my toe into a gluten free (and yoga-filled) world. I can provide pictures of the empty boxes in my recycling bin because I love them and eat one box (140 calories TOTAL!) a week.

    P.S. Spudwiz = Alie. It is my weird screenname from high school and apparently my default google account. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete