Monday, February 14, 2011

A mouthful of sand,

It's not all compliments and handshakes over here at Eating (nearly) Everything.

My thoughtful roommate (and sous chef) picked me up a treat the other week: a savory, gluten-free scone. Though she is 100% adept at digesting gluten, she likes the taste of gluten-free baked goods and enjoys co-experiencing new flavors and products with ME. I usually lament the lack of "healthier" or, what I mean is, "saltier" snacks—anywhere, it seems, has a pumpkin muffin, or a chocolate-chip cookie I can eat. What I want is a BAGEL. You know? I want a cheddar cheese sesame seed SCONE. Which is what you see pictured above.

I don't want to get too graphic here, but just so everyone here knows that I am not perpetually joyful and I don't have the taste buds of a dog: this was inedible. I will eat (NEARLY) EVERYTHING and I did not eat this. It was so salty I started to worry that it might attract deer. And this is Brooklyn. It was gummy and dry and... well, I don't have to tell you. If you're reading here, you've had more than your fair share of chalky baked goods.

Sorry, Las Delicias. Maybe their other products are better? I'd welcome a second taste or second opinion.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment