Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Lunch

Yes I did spill it all over my shirt. Duh.

Usually I am a dedicated lunch-packer but on Mondays I have simply run out of groceries. Do I want to eat a sardine sandwich? Not really. A sardine and shredded carrot sandwich with a side of... ancient frozen yogurt? Awful.

Just down the street from here is Rice, which offers a succinctly titled "Celiac Menu." Despite this assurance I practice permanent vigilance: ordering over the phone the server offered me an option of chicken or shrimp - which I had been warned previously were *not* gluten-free. Marinated in this or that, but undigestible. So I get it with veggies! And save the planet, you know.

[Speaking of which they have great paper to-go containers and recycled napkins.]


Plus you get a little mini dessert. Good for the digestion, a spicy ginger chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment