Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TACO TUESDAY



Love this place. Excuse me, te amo, te quiero, yo quiero La Esquina. It means: The Corner, as you can see from my cell phone photography of the exterior.

We all know the best gluten-free food is food that was gluten-free to begin with, so, thank you, Mexico. Thank you, corn, tomatoes, peppers. Here is a fantastic article about salsa, from the New York Times.


The park across the street from the taqueria just re-opened. Perfection. On a sunnier day than this was taken, I eavesdropped on a conversation about private school. I spilled spinach juice all over my dress. Every variety of hipster was on view, and I studied them like a zoologist. I got freckles on my arms and spicy excitement ... in my mouth.

Acelgas - Sauteed spinach and butter beans (also with shredded cabbage) $4. I'm pretty sure it's veg as the greens are stewed with tomatoes, not ham or anything. Love a giant butter bean, though they are all hidden beneath in this photo.

Carne Enchilada Taco: grilled achiote rubbed pork, cilantro, onions, pineapple, salsa verde. $3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment